[GRASS-dev] [EXTERNAL] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8.3.1

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 12 14:35:09 PDT 2023

Hi all,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 2:47 PM Ondřej Pešek <pesej.ondrek at gmail.com> wrote:
> so 30. 9. 2023 v 16:12 odesílatel Markus Neteler via grass-dev
> <grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org> napsal:
> > As far as I see the git on Windows issue has been solved as well as
> > many wxGUI bugs.
> > Still a few to go which are under review. Shall we wait for them?
> > Please let me know.
>
> Not only Windows wxGUI issues. It is impossible to change the layout
> from single window to the original one. I am using the original one
> with students, meaning that I am still using 8.2.x with them.
> Releasing 8.3.1 (where it is fixed) would let me to use 8.3.x versions
> with them without forcing them to compile it on their own. (the
> 8.3.0-broken r.watershed is also used there)
>
> So a new release would be appreciated also at my side.

I have started with the RC1 release procedure but got stuck: pylint
errors and no changelog possible to create.
Have contacted Vaclav via chat (we recently improved the howto_release
notes in a long video call).

Since it is late here I guess I can only continue tomorrow.

Cheers and sorry for being slow.

Markus