[GRASS-dev] GRASS Teams on GitHub

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 17:35:59 PDT 2024

On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 at 09:10, Ondřej Pešek <pesej.ondrek at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Vaclav: Do you have some more points against the master-children
> schema? It seems that the general agreement is *for* the restructuring
> into parent and children teams. So far the only point against was "I
> didn't find team nesting particularly useful and we already had a
> couple of top-level teams."

...and I didn't see it working for GDAL with people both in the parent team
and child teams and repos being assigned to both levels.

How do you suggest we do it? Empty parent team without repos? Would that
look good?

> Although I appreciate all the work you
> dedicate to the GitHub management, I don't think that this is a valid
> point against when compared to the positive ones (although it's
> understandable that nobody wants to drop something that they have just
> created).

Thanks. It is more that before it was a high priority for me to get access
rights in order (access rights to individuals both directly and through
teams, inactive people from 2000s and early 2010s grandfathered into GitHub
write access, ...). These parent-child teams are low priority compared to
that.