[GRASS-dev] v.dissolve confusion

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Fri Mar 15 16:59:54 PDT 2024

Any suggestions about what is wrong with either of the versions of this dissolve command?

v.dissolve --overwrite input=alcala_subsectors at SAA2024 column=ID output=alcala_subsectors_dissolved at SAA2024 aggregate_columns=group_concat(REGION),max(STRATUM),max(SECTOR),avg(SUBSECTOR),group_concat(SECTOR_ID),sum(AREA),group_concat(SURVEYED),avg(IDNUM) result_columns="region TEXT,stratum INTEGER,sector INTEGER,subsector REAL,sector_ID TEXT,area REAL,surveyed TEXT,IDnum REAL"

v.dissolve --overwrite input=alcala_subsectors at SAA2024 column=ID output=alcala_subsectors_dissolved at SAA2024 aggregate_columns=group_concat(REGION),max(STRATUM),max(SECTOR),avg(SUBSECTOR),group_concat(SECTOR_ID),sum(AREA),group_concat(SURVEYED),avg(IDNUM) result_columns="region,stratum,sector,subsector,sector_ID,area,surveyed,IDnum"

I'm trying to maintain my attribute table because of the great difficulty in reconnecting it. In both cases, I get the error:
Option <result_columns> requires all of <aggregate_columns>

I have the same number of result columns as I do aggregate columns with equivalent data types.

I have 8 columns (dissolved by the 9th column ID):
region TEXT
stratum INTEGER
sector INTEGER
subsector REAL