[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2024 - Add EODAG support to GRASS GIS

Hamed A. Elgizery hamedashraf2004 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 17:09:39 PDT 2024

Hello everyone,

My name is Hamed. I have developed an interest in working on adding EDOAG
support to GRASS GIS during GSoC.

About me:
I am a sophomore CS student at the Arab Academy for Science & Technology. I
have solid problem-solving skills due to my involvement in Competitive
Programming competitions for 5+ years.

I have thoroughly gone through the EODAG website, and I have got a
reasonable overview of what are the expected outcomes.
I am going to fulfill the expectations of the task by implementing a module
that will utilize the EDOAG library to download the required datasets from
the different providers without having to worry about the different methods
for dealing with each provider. I am currently working on compiling GRASS
locally and setting up my coding environment.
Can you please guide me with any materials — if available — regarding the
datasets? And if there is an issue “test of skills” available that is
related to EODAG, since there are no issues associated with this task here:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GSoC_Ideas_2024#:~:text=i.landsat.download-,Test%20of%20skills%3A,-GUI%3A%20Add%20space

I am looking forward to contributing to this task, as it will speed up the
future development of GRASS GIS and open new possibilities.

Kind regards,
Hamed A. Elgizery