[GRASSGUI] Re: wx start error

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Aug 7 16:17:06 EDT 2007

It's in the Spearfish mapset.  g.region -gp works without problems.

The gis_set.py problem at least I can understand - the line:

key,val = line.split(":")

doesn't seem to work when there is more than one delimiter in the
string.  Setting DEBUG=GUI:3 creates this in grassrc6:

DEBUG: GUI:3

For the bigger problem, after poking around,

[snipped what I was going to say before I updated from CVS]

It appears I have no "module-d.shadedmap.gif" in my gui icon set
(grass src/gui/icons).  And, I just updated from CVS and there it is!

On Aug 7, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> William,
>
> This kind of looks like a problem specific to your system.
> Something is
> wrong in your GRASS settings file. Maybe an invalid gis database,
> location,
> or mapset. This is causing the startup to fail and default into the
> text
> interface. Try running g.region -gp. I suspect it will give
> problematic
> results.
>
> Michael
>

> On 8/7/07 9:31 AM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
> wrote:
>
>> An error trying to start wxgrass.  With 'wxgrass&' from a running
>> GRASS session, I get this error.  Interestingly, if I set
>> my .grassrc6 to wx, I get the same error after a gis_set.py error,
>> but GRASS automatically starts in the last mapset I was in (as is set
>> in .grassrc6), instead of bailing completely (since gis_set.py
>> failed).
>>
>> The gis_set.py error appears only if I have DEBUG set to GUI:3 (it
>> doesn't like the : there).  I get the normal mapset selection in
>> python if DEBUG is not set or is set to just a number.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.