[GRASSGUI] Re: wx start error

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Aug 7 16:35:34 EDT 2007

William,

Thanks for troubleshooting.

On 8/7/07 1:17 PM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:

> It's in the Spearfish mapset.  g.region -gp works without problems.
>
> The gis_set.py problem at least I can understand - the line:
>
> key,val = line.split(":")
>
> doesn't seem to work when there is more than one delimiter in the
> string.  Setting DEBUG=GUI:3 creates this in grassrc6:
>
> DEBUG: GUI:3

There needs to be a better way to set this that won't kill gis_set.py. I
think Martin worked out the debug routine.

Martin: any other way to specify debug? Maybe some way to specify the 1st
colon in the split. Have to look it up.

> For the bigger problem, after poking around,
>
> [snipped what I was going to say before I updated from CVS]
>
> It appears I have no "module-d.shadedmap.gif" in my gui icon set
> (grass src/gui/icons).  And, I just updated from CVS and there it is!

I wish there was a way to trap a missing icon error. It it not easy to spot.

Michael

> On Aug 7, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> William,
>>
>> This kind of looks like a problem specific to your system.
>> Something is
>> wrong in your GRASS settings file. Maybe an invalid gis database,
>> location,
>> or mapset. This is causing the startup to fail and default into the
>> text
>> interface. Try running g.region -gp. I suspect it will give
>> problematic
>> results.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> On 8/7/07 9:31 AM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> An error trying to start wxgrass.  With 'wxgrass&' from a running
>>> GRASS session, I get this error.  Interestingly, if I set
>>> my .grassrc6 to wx, I get the same error after a gis_set.py error,
>>> but GRASS automatically starts in the last mapset I was in (as is set
>>> in .grassrc6), instead of bailing completely (since gis_set.py
>>> failed).
>>>
>>> The gis_set.py error appears only if I have DEBUG set to GUI:3 (it
>>> doesn't like the : there).  I get the normal mapset selection in
>>> python if DEBUG is not set or is set to just a number.
>>>

> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.

Director of Graduate Studies
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671