[GRASSGUI] Re: need to decide on fix for map display toolbars

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 07:43:30 EDT 2007

Hi Michael,

2007/7/30, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:

[BTW, sorry for the late answer, holidays...]

>  Before we go much further with the digitization module, we need to decide
> how to fix the invisible tool bar control bug.
>
>  You cannot see a control (e.g., combo box) that is not a button on an AUI
> toolbar on a Mac. This is a known bug in wxPython and wxWidgets but it now
> clear when or if it will be fixed.  This makes all digitization and any
> other toolbar called from a combo box completely invisible and inaccessible.

Right, on the other hand you can access digitization tool via pop-up
menu, i.e. choose vector map layer; right mouse click; -> "Start
editing".

>  AFAICT, the only work arounds are: 1) change the tool bar so that it is not
> AUI managed any more, 2 call different tool bars in another way, or 3)
> switch to something like a button bar instead of a toolbar to manage the
> buttons and other controls.
>
>  Do you have a preference as to how to go about this?

Not sure now.

BTW, the digitization tool is disabled now. Today I am back from my
holiday, in one/two weeks I will finish beta version of the tool. I
will announce it properly:-)

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *