[GRASS-GUI] Hoping for some assistance

Michael Mavis mjmvs at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 16:28:24 PDT 2013

Hello,
I must be doing something wrong, but so far I am not able to
understand what. Not only am I just learning to how to work with GRASS_GIS, I am
new to GIS in general. I recently completed an entry level course about GIS in
a community college here in San Diego, CA, but the potential of GIS seems
tremendous.

I am working with the basic download of 6.4.2: the SVN
Revision is 50870M, and the GIS Library Revision is 45934 (2011-4-13)

My operating system is Windows 7, the 64-bit version.

Whenever I display the Attribute Table Manager, in virtually
every circumstance I have tried, both the Manage Tables and Manage Layers tabs
display their respective pages, but the pages are entirely disabled. Not once
have they been enabled.

Also, with the Browse Data tab, I can run a query, but in no
circumstance that I can recall have I been able to edit a record; the edit
option has been disabled.

My first question is: When are these options enabled?

A related question might be: Is a 64-bit operating system a
problem, and should I change to something different? If need be I could switch
to a Windows 7: 32-bit system.

I wish to thank you in advance for any assistance you might
be able to give, and help me start using GRASS_GIS in a beneficial manner.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Mike Mavis