[GRASS-GUI] Hoping for some assistance

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 00:40:10 PDT 2013

Hi,

2013/4/9 Michael Mavis <mjmvs at yahoo.com>:
> Whenever I display the Attribute Table Manager, in virtually every
> circumstance I have tried, both the Manage Tables and Manage Layers tabs
> display their respective pages, but the pages are entirely disabled. Not
> once have they been enabled.

you can edit attribute data linked with vector maps only from your
current mapset [1].

> Also, with the Browse Data tab, I can run a query, but in no circumstance
> that I can recall have I been able to edit a record; the edit option has
> been disabled.

See above.

> My first question is: When are these options enabled?

Only for vector maps from your current mapset.

> A related question might be: Is a 64-bit operating system a problem, and
> should I change to something different? If need be I could switch to a
> Windows 7: 32-bit system.

Not related, at this moment we have only 32-bit winGRASS, 64-bit
version is under development [2].

Martin

[1] http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Location_and_Mapsets
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows