[GRASS-PSC] Re: GRASS PSC

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 26 09:53:44 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:
> so far there was no meeting. Some members are unable to enter into IRC
> (that's why I was suggesting that OSGeo offers the CGI-IRC client to all
> project channels).

Markus,

I'll take responsibility for getting a cgi-irc thing going that can
be used for #grass.

> The RFC-1 was discussed very controversal, opinions were orthogonal.
> Let's see if we can fix this. I cc to all PSC members.

> archived?

There is some danger in a specific psc mailing list, in that it's activities
will be too seperate from the rest of the community.  It might make sense
to do this if there will be very extensive discussion of operating rules for
the psc initially and you fear it would swamp the -dev mailing list.  But
longer term I think deliberation on most decisions needs to be done somewhere
that the rest of the community sees what is going on and can comment as
appropriate.

Best regards,