[GRASS-PSC] Re: Sponsoring the GRASS Community Sprint in Prague

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 17 16:35:53 EDT 2011

Fellow PSC members,

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Dear PSC,
>
> I would like to lauch some concrete sponsoring for the
> GRASS Community Sprint in Prague in May 2011. I am sure
> that we could apart from community members also companies
> and institutional sponsors to support this and future events.
>
> So far there only limited donations could be collected but
> we never forced that not advertised the idea. An interesting
> "addon" is the fact that the GFOSS.it associations *doubles*
> donations up to a certain limit. I admit that I was not aware
> of this till the recent Italian GRASS-GFOSS conference in
> Trento. So, let's use that, too!
>
> In my opinion the yet low rate of donations is caused by the
> lack of concrete targets - why should money be donated... But
> now we have a concrete goal, the support of this event.
>
> Before writing official announcements we should clarify how
> support could look like - "upon request" to get the travel to
> Prague co-funded or in-kind support by paying lunches or
> whatever to the participants?
>
> Please post your suggestions!

unfortunately no response...

In any case I have good news that we obtain some sponsoring
via the Italian GFOSS.it organization! We have to define now
how to use the money.

My suggestion is to co-finance the costs "in situ", like free as
in free lunch/social dinner and such. I'll discuss with Martin
and others but please do post some suggestions here.

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/PSC