[STATSGRASS] R, GRASS, and CYGWIN under version GRASS54

Redding, Matthew Matthew.Redding at dpi.qld.gov.au
Tue Mar 8 16:54:23 EST 2005

Hi GRASS and R Gurus,

I sent an email on this subject prior to confirming my subscription to the group, so I hope no-one recieves this message twice.

I have had a look through the archive to see if GRASS54 will work under cygwin with R2.0.
I notice that some people are using GRASS 54 with R, but the most recent mention of
using it with cygwin was back in 2002, and all the advice I have been able to find does not seem to work.

Will it actually work with my setup of R 2, GRASS 54 and cygwin?

Where should I look for info on how to get it all running?

The help material in R indicates a few suggestions, that do not seem to work for me.

For example, one of my problems is that I cannot find any file called .grassrc5
or anything much like it, as mentioned in the
?grass.connect() documentation under R.

Any suggestions on how to get it working?

Thanks,

Matt Redding

********************************DISCLAIMER****************************
The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages
(which includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the use of the person or entity
to which it is addressed.  If you are not the addressee any form of
disclosure, copying, modification, distribution or any action taken
or omitted in reliance on the information is unauthorised.  Opinions
contained in the message(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions
of the Queensland Government and its authorities.  If you received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete it from your computer system network.