[STATSGRASS] rgdal doesn't work with GDAL 1.4.0

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 13:51:28 EST 2007

Hello all
I have just made a fresh install, using Ubuntu Feisty for upgrade, so
now I have GDAL 1.4.0 and R 2.4.1. when I tryed to install rgdal, I
get this error:

* Installing *source* package 'rgdal' ...
gdal-config: gdal-config
GDAL version 1.4.0 found ...
For building this version, at least GDAL version 1.3.1 is required.
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'rgdal'
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rgdal'

I don't get it. If my version is higher than the required one, why it
doesn't work?

Carlos

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke