[STATSGRASS] rgdal doesn't work with GDAL 1.4.0

jarekj at amu.edu.pl jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Sun Jan 7 14:40:40 EST 2007

Carlos!

I mentioned it two weeks ago!

It it effect of simple configure check test wchich test only if gdal is
of version 1.3.x

to solve it:
download rgdal to local computer,
unpack tar package,
edit cofigure, go to line 1334,
change REQ_GDAL from "1.3" to "1.4"),
pack it again (name must be the same!),
and istall extension with R CMD INSTALL 'rgdalxxxx"

it had help on my computer (btw, on fresh edgy be prepered for some
surprises with nviz)

btw2: rgdal maitainer shall change configure.in file to maintain both
1.3.x and 1.4.x gdal wersion imediatelly

regards
Jarek

7/1/2007, ""Carlos \"Guâno\" Grohmann"
carlos.grohmann at gmail.com"
<"=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carlos_\"Gu=E2no\"_Grohmann?="