[STATSGRASS] gstat: problem with prediction value at point location

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geo.uu.nl
Tue Jan 23 02:30:17 EST 2007

My guess is that the technique you're referring to (and used by
Geostatistical Analyst, afaik) is [kriging in] cross
validation---observations are left out to obtain a kriging estimate for
which it makes sense to compare it with the observation. Definitely
distinct from kriging, which does not leave observations out.
--
Edzer