[STATSGRASS] gstat probability maps

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Tue Mar 27 11:24:07 EDT 2007

Pierluigi,

That would be indicator kriging:

I use gstat, so I can't give you any specific R commands, but the
principle is the same: You have to create a new dataset which is 1 if
the threshold is exceeded, and 0 if not. Now your data is 0 or 1. Then
do normal ordinary kriging on that new data column. The resulting map
shows the probability of exceeding the threshold. In gstat you have to
add  extra checks to see that your result is strictly [0.0 - 1.0]

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>