No subject

Wed Nov 14 16:58:11 EST 2007

normally go into a separate -devel package, along with the headers,
while shared libraries would go into the main package."

The configure seems to fail because it is looking for libgis.a or
libgrass_gis.a at:

 AC_CHECK_LIB(grass_gis, G_gisinit, GISLIB="-lgrass_gis -lgrass_datetime",
  AC_CHECK_LIB(gis, G_gisinit, GISLIB="-lgis -ldatetime"))

isn't it? Should it see a *.so as an *.a, they are different animals,
aren't they?

> This is what is located in the lib & include directories:
>
> lx7-tir:adams> cd lib;ls
> libgrass_bitmap.so    libgrass_dlg.so     libgrass_gproj.so
> libgrass_raster.so
> libgrass_btree.so     libgrass_D.so     libgrass_ibtree.so
> libgrass_rowio.so
> libgrass_coorcnv.so   libgrass_g3d.so     libgrass_icon.so
> libgrass_segment.so
> libgrass_datetime.so  libgrass_gedit.so  libgrass_I.so
> libgrass_vask.so
> libgrass_dig_atts.so  libgrass_gis.so     libgrass_linkm.so
> libgrass_vect_combined.so
> libgrass_display.so   libgrass_gmath.so  libgrass_lock.so
>
> lx7-tir:adams> cd ../include
> lx7-tir:adams> ls
> datetime.h  gisdefs.h  gis.h  P_datetime.h  P_site.h  site.h
>
> I get repeated "undefined reference" to various functions 'G_***' during
> make. Everything seems to build OK up to:
>
> data.o: In function `read_grass_data':
> /awips/rep/lx/local_apps/gstat-2.4.3/src/data.c:2202: undefined
> reference to `G_projection'
>
> I'm trying to make GRASS, R, & GSTAT available on other Linux machines
> different from what I was using previously.

Tom:

Maybe get to gstat through R rather than directly until you can resolve
this, since gstat is available as an R package, and the compiled interface
still works between R and GRASS <= 5.4.0.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no