[GRASS-stats] problem with specific type of polygon

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Thu Apr 9 13:51:14 EDT 2009

Hi
it is difficult to reproduce on spearfish, because there are no data
like this

I vextorised watershed file and at the end of some watershed I have
sutructure like on picture below (rather tipical for watershed):

                           +  |
                __________|_
                                |_|_
                                   |_|_
                                      |_|_
                                         |_|

 Addationaly every square on right-down "stream" has his own centeroid
but with the same cateogry like main centeroid

I import these data to R with readVECT6 and I have more object than
shoud be, because every square became a separtate vector with his own
attributes (some of atrributes are multipied).

In grass I can treat such group as one object by its category number but
in R? How to force R to treat these group of polygons as one obiect

Jarek