[GRASS-stats] gstat error

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Sat Apr 25 14:13:17 EDT 2009

Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:
> Hi
> during trend calculation I recive following error:

> library(spgrass6)
> library(gstat)
>
> raster=readRAST6("rzedna")
> p=readVECT6("punkty")
> p at proj4string=raster at proj4string
>
> pg_1=gstat(id="p_1", formula=rzedna~1,data=p, degree=1)
> p_1=predict(pg_1,raster)
> [ordinary or weighted least squares prediction]
>
> "solve.c", line 87: singular matrix in function Usolve()
> Error in predict.gstat(pg_1, raster) : Usolve
There are several situations why this can happen that are hard to
distinguish from the point where the error happens. The most likely in
your case (first order trend surface estimation) is that your data are,
geographically, on a line, i.e. one-dimensionally. Or similary, that you
have less than 3 observations. Is that the case?
--
Edzer