[GRASS-stats] gstat error

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Sun Apr 26 09:29:11 EDT 2009

Jarek has sent me the data off-line, and it turns out that the data are
three-dimensional, but lack variability in the third dimension:

> summary(p)
Object of class SpatialPointsDataFrame
Coordinates:
              min     max
coords.x1 3560158 3575935
coords.x2 5636873 5653748
coords.x3       0       0
Is projected: TRUE
proj4string :
[+proj=stere +lat_0=51.67083333333333 +lon_0=16.67222222222222
+k=0.999800 +x_0=3703000 +y_0=5627000 +no_defs +a=6378245 +rf=298.3
+towgs84=33.4,-146.6,-76.3,-0.359,-0.053,0.844,-0.84 +to_meter=1]
Number of points: 200
Data attributes:

Using the "degree=1" way of trend analysis, a first order linear trend
is computed in the coordinates, meaning in z as well, and this is the
cause of failure. Ignoring z, one can e.g. do

p$x=coordinates(p)[,1]
p$y=coordinates(p)[,2]
r$x=coordinates(r)[,1]
r$y=coordinates(r)[,2]
pg=gstat(id="p_1", formula=rzedna~x+y,data=p)
p_1=predict(pg,r)
spplot(p_1)

of course, no standardization of coordinates takes place here, so this
approach will fail for high order trends.
--
Edzer

Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:

> Edzer Pebesma pisze:
>> Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> during trend calculation I recive following error:

>>> library(spgrass6)