[GRASS-stats] Loading a point-vector table with 466 columns

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri May 22 11:46:02 EDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> I use that back-end as well. I am not sure if readVECT6() still uses
> shapefiles as an intermediate file...

Yes, it does. If, however, you have a working GRASS/OGR plugin, it may be
that readOGR() (inside readVECT6()) will use it and transfer the data
directly. To diagnose, one would need to look at readVECT() and readOGR()
running step-by-step to see whether the problem is v.out.ogr or readOGR(),
or possibly some locale-dependent wrinkle in the DBF.

Nikos - if you'd like to contribute well-proven patches, you are most
welcome, until then, I'm not motivated by your complaints to do anything
at all. Speed is a secondary issue - primary is just having things work,
and handling the myriad variants of GRASS on different platforms is hard
enough. OK?

Roger