[GRASS-stats] Loading a point-vector table with 466 columns

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri May 22 12:57:45 EDT 2009

Dylan:
> > I use that back-end as well. I am not sure if readVECT6() still uses
> > shapefiles as an intermediate file...

Roger:
> Yes, it does. If, however, you have a working GRASS/OGR plugin, it may be
> that readOGR() (inside readVECT6()) will use it and transfer the data
> directly. To diagnose, one would need to look at readVECT() and readOGR()
> running step-by-step to see whether the problem is v.out.ogr or readOGR(),
> or possibly some locale-dependent wrinkle in the DBF.

> Nikos - if you'd like to contribute well-proven patches, you are most
> welcome, until then, I'm not motivated by your complaints to do anything
> at all. Speed is a secondary issue - primary is just having things work,
> and handling the myriad variants of GRASS on different platforms is hard
> enough. OK?

I absolutely agree Roger. Of course, I am no programmer and I can only
"complaint" whenever I find (or I think that I find) something not
working. Please, if my complaints lie within your interests, I kindly
ask for "pointers" how I could _at least_ provide better (more
convincing?) "complaints" ;-)

Thanks for the feedback in any case. Nikos