[GRASS-stats] problem installing spgrass6 in R

Tim Holland timothyholland at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 00:22:18 EDT 2009

Roger Bivand wrote:

> Install rgdal first:
>
> install.packages("rgdal", type="source",
>
> configure.args=c(--with-gdal-config="<where gdal-config is>",
> --with-proj-include="<where the proj headers are>",
> --with-proj-lib=<where the proj libs are>"))
>
> or something like that. Didn't it seem sensible to install the rgdal OSX
> binaries from kyngchaos?
>
> Once rgdal is installed, just install spgrass6 as a source package, no
> dependencies, please, and no configure arguments. These are two separate
> packages, where rgdal is what spgrass6 uses to do some of its work.

 Thanks again for the help.  It installed successfully! After your comment
about the rgdal binaries from kyngchaos, I installed them independently (I
guess until then I thought that using the 'dependencies' argument for
install packages would work for rgdal automatically), and it now works.
Sorry if that should have been obvious.
Best,
Tim