[GRASS-stats] "g.region: command not found" using readRAST6 command

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:18:27 EDT 2009

Tim,

Please try this:
1. run grass,
2. start an xterm from the grass console
xterm &
3.  cd to the directory where you have your .RData file
4. Start R
5. require(spgrass6)
6. gmeta6()

If you get the same error, then I think you have the same problem I had
few weeks ago and was solved thanks to Markus Nettler. It's a grass problem
and has nothing to see with R. Actually, if at step 4 you run
g.region -p
you would get the same error.
Do the following:

1. Locate  your grass.conf file (mine is under /etc/ld.so.conf.d)
2. Change
/usr/lib/grass/lib
/usr/lib/grass64/lib

(check where the lib directory of your grass is, mine is under
/usr/lib/grass64)

3. run
sudo ldconfig

4. gmeta() should work now.

I tried to get the ubuntugis packagers to fix this, but apparently
nobody cares. See:
http://n2.nabble.com/Fwd-Re-R-sig-Geo-Errror-with-gmeta6-tp3610348p3610348.html

for more info.

Hope this helps.