[GRASS-stats] Re: Correlation calculation

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Aug 4 12:58:40 EDT 2011

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011, Rebecca Bennett wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I'd like to read several raster (all same size and resolution) into R
> using the suggested command
>
> stats <- readRAST6(c("LRM_smoothed", "Band74_scaled", "coombe_ground",
> "intensity_smoothed"), cat =c(TRUE,FALSE), ignore.stderr = TRUE)
>
> I get the error:
>
> Error in readRAST6(c("LRM_smoothed", "Band74_scaled", "coombe_ground",
> "intensity_smoothed"), :   vname and cat not same length

vname <- c("LRM_smoothed", "Band74_scaled", "coombe_ground",
   "intensity_smoothed")
cat <- c(TRUE, FALSE)
length(vname)
length(cat)

How is the function supposed to guess which of the four layers is
categorical? Are any of them categorical?

> Unfortunately I don't understand what the error message is trying to
> tell me - any help deciphering this error would be gratefully
> appreciated.
>
> Also where can I find more detail on the readRAST command to work out
> this error message for myself? I have looked in the sp.pdf and online
> for documentation but can't find anything but maybe there's another
> resource I don't know of yet?

?readRAST6 or help(readRAST6)

Do you have a library - you haven't given any affiliation yet? ymail.com
isn't informative. Look for Neteler & Mitasova 2008, the GRASS book,
and/or Bivand, Pebesma & Gomez-Rubio 2008, the R-spatial book.

Roger

> Thanks for reading,
>
> Rebecca

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 95 43
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no