[GRASS-stats] Example code for MRPP on a multivariate data set

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jan 9 02:43:50 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> To have some results for my work, I also run the procedures on smaller subsets
> (say 3000 observations instead of 18865) which takes some time but is feasible
> @home.
>
> Currently there is a process running on a big cluster (thanks to a very kind
> person who's always there). Hopefully we'll know soon enough how much time
> this will take.

The job is still running on "my" blade :) Using 68GB of RAM.

Does anyone in the list have experience in running R on a multicore
system? This list is rather overwhelming for me:

 http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/HighPerformanceComputing.html

An openMP approach or likewise with implicit parallelism would be great
since I cannot rewrite R...

thanks
Markus

--