[GRASS-stats] Initiation Error: "dyld: Library not loaded" (rgrass7)

Benjamin Holland ben.holland at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 11:57:21 PST 2015

Hi, Rainer,

I downloaded and installed Grass 7.0 (stable) from here:
http://grassmac.wikidot.com/downloads

Up until now, I've been using the Grass 7.0 GUI.

I'm using R version 3.1.2Installed rgrass7 with this
command: install.packages("rgrass7", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org",
type="source")

Here is the command I ran to initiate:

initGRASS(gisBase ='/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS',

          location = 'test', mapset = 'test',

          gisDbase = '/Users/benholland/grassdata', override = TRUE)

The complete error message I received a few minutes ago:

dyld: Library not loaded:
/Applications/GRASS/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libgrass_gis.7.0.0.dylib

  Referenced from: /Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/g.gisenv

  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:

/Applications/GRASS/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libgrass_gis.7.0.0.dylib:
stat() failed with errno=13

When I open the Grass 7 GUI, there is a new location, so part of this code
is working. However, there is no mapset.

Thanks,

Ben