[GRASS-stats] Using GRASS addons in R on Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Jan 9 13:48:26 PST 2016

taken from the GRASS GIS dev ML:

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2016-January/078318.html

"In Windows running R from within GRASS (latter installed via OSGeo4W)
works fine, except that it can't seem to find the GRASS addons I
installed (with g.extension), not using rgrass7 nor directly using
system(). On Linux this is no problem, I can run any installed addon.
Any ideas how to solve this?"

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2016-January/078322.html

"> what does echo %PATH% in the osgeo4w shell within the winGRASS session
> print?
>
> is the e.g. C:\Users\xy\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons\bin included?

The following is included in the PATH:
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.2\lib
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.2\bin
C:\Users\Jeannette\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons\bin
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\msys\bin
C:\OSGeo4W\bin;
C:\WINDOWS\system32
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\WBem
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\msys\bin
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\Scripts;
C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin"

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2016-January/078327.html

"a quick test here with a py and an exe addon:

r.basin.py

> execGRASS("r.basin", map="elevation", map="elevation", prefix="v",
> coordinates="637500.0,221750.0", dir="C:\tmp", threshold=1000)
Error in system(cmd0, intern = TRUE) : 'r.basin.exe' not found
Error in parseGRASS(cmd, legacyExec = legacyExec) : r.basin not found

r.stream.order.exe

> execGRASS("r.sream.order")
Error in system(cmd0, intern = TRUE) : 'r.sream.order.exe' not found
Error in parseGRASS(cmd, legacyExec = legacyExec) :
  r.sream.order not found

so maybe a question for the GRASS Statistics mailing List?"

-----
best regards
Helmut