[GRASS-stats] GRASS can't find R packages from personal library on Windows

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Nov 24 02:16:14 PST 2016

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 10:56 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
>> New Revision: 69883
>>
>> Modified:
>>    grass/trunk/mswindows/env.bat
>> Log:
>> set R_USER if %USERPROFILE%\Documents\R\ exists to catch most common cases
>> of private R libraries in windows
>>
>> it should catch at least the common cases where personal libraries are
>> located in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\R\
>>
>> please test the next standalone winGRASS7.3.svn daily builds
>> (https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass73/x86_64/ or
>> https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass73/x86/).
>
> The new installer is available now:
>
> https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass73/x86_64/WinGRASS-7.3.svn-r69883-73-Setup-x86_64.exe
> (or later)
>
>> if it works, it should be backported to the standalone winGRASS7.0.x and the
>> upcoming winGRASS7.2.
>
> If possible, please timely test. I am holding RC2 for this at time.

With the version you cite (7.3.svn-r69883), I see the resolution:

> .libPaths()
[1] "C:/Users/rsb/Documents/R/win-library/3.3"
[2] "c:/Program Files/R/R-3.3.2/library"
> library(rgrass7)
GRASS GIS interface loaded with GRASS version: GRASS 7.3.svn (2016)
and location: nc_basic_spm_grass7

With the fix, R for Windows picks up the default personal library
location. This is both with Rgui started in the GRASS Layer Manager
console, and in the Windows GRASS terminal.

Thanks very much!

Roger