[GRASS-stats] rgrass7 - SQLite and GML drivers not working for readVECT

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Oct 10 12:24:37 PDT 2017

>For some vectors, I get the following warnings (loss of data apparently):
>
>> bla2<-readVECT("census_wake2000")
>Exporting 105 areas (may take some time)...
>Warning 1: Value 120426752 of field AREA of feature 23 not successfully
written. Possibly due to too larger >number with respect to field width
>Warning 1: Value 108540592 of field AREA of feature 24 not successfully
written. Possibly due to too larger >number with respect to field width

it seems to be a shapefile/(ogr) issue, see:

v.out.ogr input=census_wake2000 at PERMANENT
output=D:\wd\test\slkdf\census_wake2000.shp format=ESRI_Shapefile
Exporting 105 areas (may take some time)...
Warning 1: Value 120426752 of field AREA of feature 23 not
successfully written. Possibly due to too larger number with
respect to field width
Warning 1: Value 108540592 of field AREA of feature 24 not
successfully written. Possibly due to too larger number with
respect to field width
Warning 1: Value 136831232 of field AREA of feature 26 not
successfully written. Possibly due to too larger number with
respect to field width
Warning 1: Value 133581472 of field AREA of feature 37 not
successfully written. Possibly due to too larger number with
respect to field width
Warning 1: Value 186611808 of field AREA of feature 42 not
successfully written. Possibly due to too larger number with
respect to field width
Warning 1: Value 645046656 of field AREA of feature 43 not
successfully written. Possibly due to too larger number with
respect to field width
Warning 1: Value 550580288 of field AREA of feature 44 not
successfully written. Possibly due to too larger number with
respect to field width

-----
best regards
Helmut