[GRASS translations] DEBUG-messages in grasslibs_*.po

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jul 20 01:59:24 EDT 2005

Stephan Holl wrote:

> due to the fact, that the coordinate-language of GRASS is english, I
> vote for not tranlating the debug-messages (e.g. for lib/gis/debug.c) in
> grasslibs_*.po.
>
> It mostly causes confusion if a user posts debugging-messages in their
> locale.
>
>  What do you think?

If a user is requesting help from an international list (e.g.
grasslist at baylor.edu or grass5 at grass.itc.it), *all* program output
should be in English, not just debugging messages. IOW, they should be
running the program in the C locale.

[I know of at least one developer list where any message containing
"Speicherzugriffsfehler" or "Erreur de segmentation" (the German and
French translations of "Segmentation fault") will get bounced.]