[GRASS translations] grasstcl_XX.po into spanish

Paulo Marcondes paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 09:10:24 EST 2006

2006/11/27, Roberto Antolin <roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it>:
> Hi all,
>
> pmarc ha scritto:
>
> > sent to wrong list.
> >
> Why??

Because this discussion belogns to translations and not to the general
grass users list. =]

> Thank you! After resolving some problems with my xgettext command,
> everything went ok.

Good to know.

> And now, one question. In spanish as in other latin languages there are
> two "ways" of talking and writting. The formal and the colloquial one. I
> mean, not as in english, for example, that in all cases "you" is used.
> So, which one do I use for the translation?
> I don't know if I'm clear :-(

Partially clear.
However, I think clarity in the communication is more important, so I
prefer to be a bit more on the forml side, without being too rigid.
I want to be clear, but not boring. I think you can manage that in
your native language.

Overall, it is a question of style. Often is best to follow what other
translators have done in italian (not necessarily on grass, though).

Ciao Roberto

(My middle name is Pasquini -- My great great grand father came from
Trieste. Marcondes came from a certain Mariconti that came from
Venezia in the 16th century.)
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.224 = GG86jc