[GRASS-translations] grass manual translation

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Tue Mar 3 06:45:27 EST 2009

Il giorno mar, 03/03/2009 alle 11.39 +0100, Anne Ghisla ha scritto:

> good idea - how can I join the translation team?
> This initiative can be of interest of GFOSS.it community, a note on
> wiki can bring more people on this task [0].
> If it is on some use, there is also a partial translation of GRASS 6.0
> manual on GFOSS.it wiki [1].

Hi,
updating that wiki page is high on the priority list. We have agreed to
the workflow explained by Marco also with Markus. At this point, using
the wiki to translate is a bit overkill because it's extremely difficult
to extract translations from it and send them upstream. Each HTML page
is quite short so we shouldn't end up with incomplete pages - at least I
hope!

The wiki could still be useful to maintain a list of the translated man
pages.

> Yes - a further hint: why don't we rank translations for example
> giving precedence to most used commands?

I think that the best thing would be that each contributor ranks her/his
most used commands and starts from them. This way we should also get
higher quality translations :-)

So for the wiki page, the basic steps for the wanna-be contributor are:
     1. subscribe to this list
     2. look for an untranslated page
     3. translate it!
     4. send it here