HELP!! Clark66->WGS84 ???#%@*!

GHATCHER GERRY at omdc.gso.uri.edu
Wed Aug 26 11:25:00 EDT 1992

Date sent:  26-AUG-1992 10:11:28

Hi Michael and others:

>It isn't quite so simple.
It figures!!

>Recent quad sheets have approximate datum shifts for the  corners
>of  the  map and perhaps can be used to devise a linear shift for
>the entire map.

What about m.datum.shift? can I shift the corners of the bounding area
of the data to find a linear shift to be appied to each site falling
within the area? This is the method I had planned to use but I didn't
understand what the dx,dy,dz parameters should be set to, Any help here?

Thanks,

Gerry Hatcher

Ocean Mapping Development Center|      gerry at omdc.gso.uri.edu {Internet}
University of Rhode Island      |            cbeam::gerry {span}
voice (401)-792-6940            |            fax (401)-792-6849