Map_Gen

Daniel Rodriguez danr at rsgis3.tamu.edu
Tue Feb 2 16:36:07 EST 1993

To all Grass_users:
	Recently we are having problems with MAP_GEN interface with the SCS.
For some reason the Command "Make.mapdef" is not working properly. the following
error occur after several question are answered correctly:

Warning!!
This procedure uses your current window for determining the
extent of the map.

-n Enter the name of the map definition file [map.def]:

-n Enter the denominator for the scale of the map [24000]:

/usr6/local3/grass4/sun4/mapgen/interface/make.mapdef: syntax error at line 125: `end of file'
 unexpected

Mapset <station> in Location <lmissv> in MAP <test3>
<GRASS-MAPGEN4.0>

Does anybody know of a update version of MAP_GEN with SCS interface and how can we get a update
version. I am willing to provide tape and cost for an updated version. The version we have is from the first release of grass4.0. I know that the USGS
provides updates for USGS map_gen thru charon.er.usgs.gov:
			graphics-4.6.tar.Z
			mapgen-4.4.tar
			proj-3.1.2.tar.Z
			xzoom-2.01.tar.Z

Are this files used to replace the USGS map_gen files?