v.digit driver?

Doug Hersh dhersh at lupine.mbl.edu
Wed Mar 2 20:03:03 EST 1994

I requested help using v.digit without a digitizer.  When I select [none]
as my digitizer I get the message:

sh: /usr2/local/grass4.0/etc/dig_drivers/none/digit: not found

Cristina Seabra suggested:
>From: cis at lua.cecer.army.mil

>Hello Doug,

>You have to create a file in your /usr2/local/grass4.0/etc/ named digcap that
>has the information that the driver being used is none.It can be like this:

>none:nodig:nofile: Run digit without the digitizer.

I tried variants of Cristina's suggestions.  I believe the file is digitcap,
not digicap, and I tried changing "none:nodig:digit:  Run digit without the ..."to "none:nodig:nofile:  Run digit without the digitizer"
but this only produced the error message:

sh: /usr2/local/grass4.0/etc/dig_drivers/none/nofile: not found
                                              ------
Since I didn't have a file "nofile" or "digit" in the dig_drivers/none/
directory I created one without anything in it, but it didn't change
the response of the program.  Do I need to put anything in this

sh: /usr2/local/grass4.0/etc/dig_drivers/none/nofile

??

Does anyone else have any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks.