Removing dead lines from vector files

garvinc at sill-emh.army.mil (Chris D Garvin) GARVINC at SILL-EMH.ARMY.MIL
Tue Mar 8 08:24:33 EST 1994

Need some help please,

     I have several VERY large vector files composed of "patched" elevation
files that have been modified to the point that there are a large number of
dead lines in them. I used v.clean on them but got an out of memory error
message. This brings me to the question. I know the files are in the dig_att
portion of GRASS, but how can I distinguish a dead line from a line that is
supposed to remain. That is, what is the marker or lack of marker that
identifies the dead line from a active line? I am planning on using a UNIX
command to remove the offending lines and then running v.support to remake the
topology.

Thanks in advance...

Chris D Garvin: Ft Sill, OKLAHOMA