bore hole records?

T.W.CHARNOCK CHARNOTW at charlie.aston.ac.uk
Tue Mar 15 05:12:47 EST 1994

Hi Grasshopper

I need to store borehole data in grass for links with a ground water
flow model.  Clearly the site format is appropriate,  but how would you
store the attribute data which includes both height and time
dimensions.  I have the choice of storing it in the site description or
using the description as a pointer to a file.  As yet we haven't linked
grass to any other db so these would be simple text files.

Has anyone else looked at this problem,  I know of no standard grass
program that uses and stores borehole data, but is there any being
developed that it would be wise to conform to?

any coments?

cheers  Tom :-)

Tom Charnock
Dept Civil Engineering