d.histogram and Yaxis

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Oct 20 01:23:06 EDT 1994

Cathy Ciret (cathy at cic.mq.edu.au) writes on 20 Oct 94:
>does anybody know if it is possible to prescribe the scale
>of the Y axis when we run d.histogram ?
>Indeed, to make useful comparison between 2 histograms, it
>is necessary to have exactly the same scale for the ordonate axis.
>Thanks for your help.

Not using d.histogram, but I would recommend taking a look
at g.gnuplot. The following shows the histograms of
two spearfish raster files in the GRASS graphics monitor:

% g.gnuplot
gnuplot> plot '< r.stats -c soils.range' w i, '< r.stats -c soils.ph' w i

then, hardcopy output is just a step (or four) away:

gnuplot> set term postscript
gnuplot> set out 'tmp.ps'
gnuplot> replot
gnuplot> !lp -dprinter tmp.ps
         (^^ or whatever command you use to print).

>Catherine Ciret

[g.]gnuplot may be obtained from ftp.dartmouth.edu.

--Darrell
James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley
http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley