Elevation models and rectification

Kim Dralle kdr at dina.kvl.dk
Fri Sep 2 03:37:10 EDT 1994

Hi

I have data for a small forest area of approximately 2 hectares. The data
are stored in ASCII-format in 3 columns (x y z) and one row for each
observation.

I also have grey level aerial photos as well as satelite images over the
area.

Around and in the area of interest 10 control points with xyz-coordinates
have been establisted. They are all visible in the images.

What I want to do is:

Rectificate these images in the best possible ways. I.e. some sort of 3d
rectification would be preferable. I have read "g.manual i.ortho.photo", but
it is not obvious which way my data can be transfered into a elevation
model.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to get my data transformed into a 3d model?

Does anybody know if the two documents listed below are available from a
ftp-site - and which site?

1) Pursuance of Elevation Data, by Stuart Bradshaw, USACERL
2) DEM and DTED Elevation Extraction,  by Stuart Bradshaw, Mary Martin and
   Chester KOS, USACERL

If you can help me I would be grateful.

Kim Dralle

kdr at dina.kvl.dk