DXF/grass

Gareth Morris MORRIS at ers.bham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 20 07:00:00 EST 1995

Dear sir/madam,

 I have recently started a PhD related to the effect
of varying surface processes on mountain belt development in the
Pyrenees. An essential component of this particular project is a
topographic database. I have digitised contour maps in Geocad and
imported them into Surfer as .cnt files. However, I am experiencing
problems when I attempt to import the data as DXF files into
Grass4.1. That is, Grass4.1 does not appear to recognise the
z-values.
At present DXF is the only format that I can use until ERmapper 5.0
is installed from which I should be able to import/export in
various formats.
Is there a command/route I can use with my DXF files so that grass
recognises the z-values? To relabel my contours in v.digit is
impractical given the resolution of the data.
Thank you very much for your time and help,

Gareth Morris
email:- RGM542 at bham.ac.uk
School of Earth Sciences
University of Birmingham