Need Orientation

Michael Hanratty hanra001 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Thu Feb 27 14:39:46 EST 1997

> I' need allow the user to manipulate and store MULTIPLE PIECES of
> information(data) for a single point
>
> Why can get it????
>
> I'have DBMS Ingres in other machine. Is posible use it for the associate
> information to the maps???

Probably -- assign a key to each area using r.support, then using the database
to store the attributes.  I don't know enough about DBMS to tell you how to
connect GRASS to Ingres.

Can anybody else on the list tell Zorka how to associate multiple attributes to
an area?

Michael Hanratty                           Phone: (612) 627-4590
St. Anthony Falls Laboratory               Fax: (612) 627-4609
Dept. of Civil Engineering
University of Minnesota
Mississippi River @ 3rd Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414