importing ARC/INFO export format and STDS format

Philip Verhagen philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl
Fri Jan 17 05:30:34 EST 1997

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to bring in a point coverage database into GRASS. The database
> comes in two formats: ARC/INFO export format and STDS format. I don't have
> access to ARC/INFO. Are there free utilities to ungenerate this database?
> Or, does anyone know what the STDS format is? Or better yet, how do I
> import STDS format into GRASS?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Henry Shin

Don't know about the STDS format, but you can forget about the export format,
as there are no conversion tools available. I suggest you try to find
someone who has Arc/Info to convert it to ungenerated format (if you can't
find someone, send me an email and I'll I see if I can help you out).

Philip Verhagen

                     philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl

                              R  A  A  P

                        Plantage Muidergracht 14