dBASE file problems.

David Mandel dmandel at transport.com
Thu Jan 23 13:10:13 EST 1997

I'm working on a freeware translator to read and write ArcView shape files
to/from MOSS (and hopefully GRASS).  The attribute data is stored in
dBASE format.  Where can I find a description of this format or platform
independent freeware C libraries to read/write these files.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

                                                 Dave Mandel

 David Mandel, Linux Activist             dmandel at transport.com
 Internet Provided by:   Transport Logic         (503) 243-1940
               Serving the Pacific Northwestern USA
 Portland  *  Vancouver  *  McMinnville   *   Salem    *   Bend