xgrass on solaris2.5

Michel Peyret Michel.Peyret at dstu.univ-montp2.fr
Tue Jun 3 06:31:43 EDT 1997

Hello,

  I installed grass4.1 and xgrass4.1 binaries on a Sun station. I also
compiled the sources with Sun C compiler and the Solaris distribution
of motif.
  In both cases, xgrass is not able to get the string I type from the
keyboard. When I choose "Add items" from the "Startup Dialog menu",
I try to create a new session, but the characters I type don't appear
in the corresponding window and xgrass tells me I didn't entry anything.

  Can anyone tell me what I need to do ?

  Thanks for any help.

Michel Peyret