r.in.arctiff available!

Leslie Apollon la at las.com
Thu Aug 27 14:33:33 EDT 1998

Sorry to interrupt but the info may be useful.
I believe the correct world file definition would be:

10.0	 "e-w resol" Size of pixel in x direction.
0.0	 N\A Rotation term for row (usually 0).
0.0	 N\A Rotation term for column (usually 0).
-10.0	 "n-s resol" Size of pixel in y direction(- sign is needed!)
590005 "west" + 1/2 "e-w resol"
		The x coordinate of pixel in upper left corner.
4927995 "north" - 1/2 "n-s resol"
		The y coordinate of pixel in upper left corner.

ArcView georeferences the center of the pixel while GRASS uses the NW edge
in the cellhd file. There is a small adjustment to be made: you need to add
half the pixel resolution to the west and subtract half the pixel
resolution from the north.

>Hi Markus,
>
>that really sounds good! But a question for better understanding: if I
>have no *.tfw file, I just have to create one consisting of:
>
>east west resolution
>0.000000000
>0.000000000
>-1 * east west resolution
>eastern boundary
>northern boundary
>
>That is what I understand from r.out.arctiff... I am wondering, why
>the north_south_resol. is not used???
>
>Regards,
>
>	Stephan

Leslie Apollon, M.Sc. Conseiller SIG - Support Technique

Global Geomatics Inc.(formerly L.A.S. Inc.)
1600, Boul. St-Martin Est,   tel:(450) 668-4949 poste 201
bureau 650, Tour A           fax:(450) 668-2822
Laval, Québec, Canada
H7G 4R8

On the Web: http://www.globalgeo.com