GrassLinks question

Peter G Jacobs jacobsp at cae.wisc.edu
Sun Aug 30 19:13:12 EDT 1998

Hello,
I am having a permission error occur after I installed Grasslinks and tried accessing my GRASS database through my web server.  I get an error that says that grasslinks1 does not have permission to access the database.  I tried to set up grasslinks1-grasslinks5 as new users on my operating system in the /etc/passwd file and then make them a part of the grass user group that has access to the database (/etc/group), but this doesn't seem like what you're supposed to do (as it mentions nothing of this in the grasslinks installation instructions- and it didn't solve the problem).  All of the file/directory permissions are wide open for all files in the mapsets.  If anybody has experience working with grasslinks and think you can help me, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
Pete Jacobs