some problems with TclTKGRASS 2.3 release

Antonio Rodriguez Verdugo rod.chav at hsoft.es
Wed Jul 29 08:25:00 EDT 1998

Dear All,

I'm sure I made a mistake during the installation of the last tcltkgrass
release, but I don't know where. I followed all the instructions and I
changed the path to my GISDBASE=/home/toni/grass.  So I want to know if
someone could help me. I get the following messages when i try to run the
application:

Application initialization failed:$msg
Error in startup script: syntax error in expression
"$database != "" && $location != "" && $mapset != "" "
        ("if" test expression)
        while compiling
"if {$database != && $location != "" && $mapset != ""} {..."
        ("if" then script line 20)
        while compiling
"if {[file exists $filename]} {..."
        (compiling body of proc "searchGISRC, line 11)
        invoked from within
"serachGISRC $gisrc_name"
        (file "/home/toni/grass/tcltkgrass/main/gis_set.tcl" line 365)
/usr/local/bin/tcltkgrass:GISDBASE:parameter null or not set

I apologize if it is only a trifle but I'm really stuck.

Thanks a lot in advance

Antonio Rodríguez-Verdugo