GRASS on SGI

David Wheatley D.W.Wheatley at soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 30 09:40:25 EDT 1998

Hi,

I have a compiled version of grass4.2.18 on our Octane running Irix 6.4.
It has only been running for a few weeks and I haven't had time to test
it extensively, but I could package up a binary release for you when I
get back from fieldwork (end of August).

Drop me a line if you are interested, and let me know what you want in
the archive (libraries? source tree?)

Incidentally, it compiled fairly cleanly for me using the SGI compiler
and the -cckr option ... the main problems were with lex (get flex) and
yacc (get bison and use bison -y). I didn't change any source code at
all.

David Wheatley
Department of Archaeology
University of Southampton

PS - My Irix 6.4 lacks the old libgl.a etc (open GL libraries) so that
     SG3D and the iris monitor won't compile any more. Any ideas?