d.mon problems

Karin Mayer mayer at iww.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 22 12:18:15 EDT 1999

After installing GRASS4.x.x binaries on LINUX, I got some problems to open
monitors with d.mon x0, for instance. I got only the sparse message:

Problem selecting x0 Will try once more.

It is not the "8 bit mode - XDRIVER - problem! Is there anybody out there
who has an idea what kind of problem this might be? Thanks a lot.

Karin

 Karin Mayer     Institute of Economic Policy Research (IWW)
                 University of Karlsruhe - GERMANY
                 Kollegium am Schloss, Bau IV
                 76128 Karlsruhe
                 Phone: +49 721 608 3073   Fax: +49 721 607376
                 email: mayer at iww.uni-karlsruhe.de